Read 5261883 times
Connect me to:
Tripe, Bamboo Shoots, and Ginger Sauce
|Tripe, Bamboo Shoots, and Ginger Sauce|
2 pounds tripe, cut into four to six pieces
3 chicken bouillon cubes mixed with two quarts of boiled water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
4 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 pound fresh bamboo shoot tips
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon corn oil
4 scallions, angle sliced thin
1 teaspoon black vinegar
6 slices fresh ginger, minced very, very fine
1. Put tripe in a large pot and cover it with the chicken soup. Add soy sauce and rice wine and bring to the boil and simmer for ninety minutes. Remove the cover, bring the contents to the boil and reduce until a cup of liquid remains. Remove tripe and cool; reserve the liquid.
2. Peel bottoms of the bamboo shoots and put them in another pot with two quarts of water and simmer for one hour or until almost tender. Drain and thinly slice bamboo shoots on an angle.
3. Slice cooled tripe pieces into thin strips and mix well with the mustard and cornstarch.
4. Heat oil and stir-fry the tripe and the bamboo shoots for two minutes. Add the reserved liquid and bring to the boil. After it slightly thickens, pour into a shallow bowl.
5. Mix ginger and vinegar to make a sauce are pour this on top of the tripe; gently toss and serve.