Read 5260290 times
Connect me to:
Yellow and White Delight
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Yellow and White Delight|
2 ripe mangoes
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
4 packages unflavored gelatin
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Peel mangoes and puree the flesh.
2. Dissolve two packages of plain gelatin in one-third cup cool water and set aside for five minutes.
3. Heat one-half-cup water and one-half-cup sugar, add the gelatin mixture, stir well, and when totally dissolved, remove from heat and add mango puree. Pour this into a square-shaped dish and cover and refrigerate for half an hour or until set and firm.
4. Dissolve the other two packages of gelatin in one-third-cup water and set aside for five minutes.
5. Heat two-thirds-cup water with three-quarters-cup sugar and add the gelatin mixture. When completely dissolved, add almond extract and milk and mix well. Refrigerate for fifteen minutes then pour over the already set mango pudding and refrigerate at least an hour before taking it out of the dish, cutting it into diamond-shaped pieces and serving it.