Read 5249283 times
Connect me to:
Silk Squash with Nuts
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Silk Squash with Nuts|
1 silk squash
2 fresh lily bulbs, petals separated, rinsed, and dried
1/2 cup pine nuts (or olive nuts--these are from their pits, or cooked gingko nuts, these latter two items need be cut in half)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 small green hot pepper, seeded and minced
1 small dried red hot pepper, seeded and minced
1 Tablespoon corn oil
1 slice fresh ginger, minced
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
1. Cut the silk squash across the narrow way to make four sections. Cut each of these in half the long way and angle cut each strip.
2. Blanch the silk squash, lily petals, and the nuts in boiling water for one minute, then drain.
3. Mix sesame oil, salt and pepper, and red and green hot pepper pieces.
4. Heat corn oil and fry ginger until fragrant, then add hot pepper mixture and fry another minute, being careful not to let them burn.
5. Add silk squash, lily bulb petal pieces and the nuts and stir-fry for three minutes before adding the cornstarch mixture. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce clears, then serve.