Read 5236689 times
Connect me to:
Cucumber on Rice-noodle Sheets
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Cucumber on Rice-noodle Sheets|
|Ingredients for cucumber salad:|
1 cucumber, peeled, leaving some strips of dark green, seeded and cut into thin two inch strips
1 Tablespoon mature black rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon white rice vinegar, Swatow rice vinegar preferred
1 teaspoon ginger juice
Ingredients for the rice noodle sheets:
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup corn or another light vegetable oil
1. Mix all ingredients for the cucumber salad and let this stay, not refrigerated, for two hours.
2. Mix rice flour and the two starches and add two cups of water. Mix very well being sure there are no lumps and let this pancake mixture rest for two hours.
3. Take a baking sheet and lightly oil it. Prepare a large pot cover to use with it.
4. Heat an eight- or nine-inch omelet pan and drizzle a few drops of oil on it. Spread this around with a pastry brush, then put one-quarter cup of the pancake batter on it and tilt the pan to spread this batter evenly. Be careful not to have the heat too high. Cover the batter and make a pancake cooking it only on one side. It takes about two minutes until the top is set. Turn this upside down onto the baking sheet and put the pot cover over it. After two minutes, put the pancake on a plate oiling the other side of it. Repeat until all the pancakes are made. They can be stored in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Thinly slice about half of the pancakes made, tossing them with a tablespoon of the oil. Heat them carefully stirring them in a wok or a fry pan. Slice then add the rest of the pancakes, and when hot, put them all into a serving bowl. Put the cucumber mixture on top, then serve. Toss just before serving.