Read 5249990 times
Connect me to:
Snake and Shark's Fin Casserole
Fish and Seafood
|Snake and Shark's Fin Casserole|
6 dried shiitake mushrooms
1 piece tangerine peel
5 dried longans
6 slices fresh ginger
2 scallions, cut in eighths
2 Tablespoons corn oil
1 chicken, about four pounds and cut into eight to twelve pieces
4 cups chicken stock
1 snake, head & skin removed
1/2 pound prepared shark's fin
1 slice ginger root
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 white chrysanthemum
4 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
3 Tablespoons thick soy
1 piece fried Chinese cruller
2 Tablespoons Yunnan or Smithfield ham
1. Soak first three ingredients separately in warm water for 20 minutes, drain and discard the water.
2. Fry scallions and ginger in oil for 1 minute then add chicken, tangerine peel, longans, sliced mushrooms, and stock. Simmer for two hours covered.
3. Cut snake into three inch sections, add it to the chicken mixture, and cook one hour longer.
4. Boil shark's fin with one slice of fresh ginger for three hours. Discard water and shred.
5. Put chicken mixture and sharks fin in stove-top casserole. Add sugar and petals of the chrysanthemum.
6. Mix cornstarch, sesame oil, 1/4 cup water, and thick soy and mix in the casserole. Bring to the boil stirring gently.
7. Slice the cruller and put the pieces and the ham in, stir and serve.