Read 5268678 times
Connect me to:
4 black mushrooms, soaked in very hot water for fifteen minutes
1 Tablespoon finely chopped water chestnuts
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon finely minced scallion
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
dash of ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 and 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
1/2 teaspoon corn or another vegetable oil
1. Soak rice for two hours in two cups of warm water.
2. Squeeze mushrooms of excess water, remove stems and chop the caps.
3. Mix mushrooms with water chestnuts, ginger and scallions and set aside. Then, mix salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper, and set this aside separately.
4. Sprinkle cornstarch on a tray and drain rice and put it evenly over the cornstarch.
5. Mix pork and the soy sauce mixture, then add the mushroom mixture. When thoroughly mixed, shape this mixture into one-inch balls and put them on the tray of rice rolling them, one at a time, until they are covered with the rice. Put the rice-covered balls on an oiled sheet of foil.
6. Put in steamer and steam over rapidly boiling water for forty-five minutes. Remove to a serving plate and garnish, if desired with parsley leaves, then serve.