Read 5260316 times
Connect me to:
Green Hakka Buns
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Green Hakka Buns|
1 pound glutinous rice flour
1/2 pound regular rice flour
1/2 cup wheat starch
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons lard or vegetable oil
1/4 pound pork, cubed
2 shallots, minced fine
1/4 pound preserved vegetable, sliced and rinsed, than soaked for ten minutes in two cups of warm water, and then drained and minced fine
10 black mushrooms, soaked, stem removed, mushrooms minced fine
1/4 cup white cabbage, minced fine, then blanched for half minute in boiling water, then squeezed of any excess water
1 Tablespoon thick soy
10 bamboo or lotus leaves
1. Put all flours, sugar, and one tablespoon lard or oil in a bowl and pour ½ cup water over this and stir well. Then knead into a ball until no longer sticky and quite smooth.
2. Mix pork, shallots, preserved vegetable and cabbage.
3. Heat remaining lard or oil and fry meat/vegetable mixture for two minutes. Remove from heat and add thick soy, mix well, and allow to cool.
3. Roll rice dough to less than quarter-inch thick and cut circles of it with a large glass, then roll each circle a little thinner.
Put one dough circle on a leaf, put about one-tenth of the meat mixture on it and wet the edges of the dough and cover the meat shaping it like a bun, and seal. Then fold and tie the leaf completely covering the bun. Tie the leaf securely but not too tightly around the bun.
4. Steam over boiling water for fifteen minutes, remove the string and serve.