Read 5264236 times
Connect me to:
Hot and Sour Soup
Soups and Congees
|Hot and Sour Soup|
1 cup shredded preserved Sichuan vegetable
2 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked for twenty minutes in warm water
2 Tablespooons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 pieces of soft doufu, sliced thin
2 thirteen ounce cans of chicken broth
1 cup shredded roast pork or fresh pork
1 cup shredded bamboo shoots
1. Wash the red pepper powder off from the preserved vegetable, and shred it.
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and shred them.
3. Mix vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
4. Simmer chicken broth and the doufu for five minutes.
5. Add the Sichuan vegetable, pork, bamboo shoots, and the mushrooms and boil these one minute, then add the vinegar mixture. Stir well and serve.
Note: The best tasting preserved vegetable is kolhrabi; it comes in chunk form in cans and is sometimes misnamed 'preserved turnip.'