Read 5249462 times
Connect me to:
Vegetarian Kidney with Celery
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Vegetarian Kidney with Celery|
10 thick shiitake mushrooms soaked for twenty minutes in warm water
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup corn oil
1 stalk celery, Chinese preferred, minced
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon rock sugar, crushed
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 teaspoon catsup
1. Score the mushrooms on their top surface, in both directions. Be careful not to cut all they way through them. Remove the stems from the mushrooms with a scissor, then squeeze out excess water.
2. Dip the mushrooms in cornstarch and be sure to coat them down in the scored places. Then roll each mushroom like a cigar, scored side out. Set aside for ten minutes until the cornstarch wets itself.
3. Heat the oil and fry the mushrooms cigars until golden, then remove with a slotted spoon and put them on two or three paper towels to drain. Oil blanch the celery in the same oil, and drain it. Set the oil aside for a future use.
4. Mix soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, five spice powder, and catsup.
5. Return the mushrooms to the wok or pan and dry-fry for
half a minute, then add celery and toss well, and then the soy sauce mixture. Mix for half to one minute, then remove to a platter or bowl, and serve.