Read 5248815 times
Connect me to:
Walnuts and Chicken Tenders
|Walnuts and Chicken Tenders|
1/2 pound chicken tenders*, each cut in half
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon vegetarian oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon mixed salt and ground white pepper
4 ounces walnuts, blanched in hot water for one minute, then coarsely chopped
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 Tablespoons cornstarch or water chestnut flour
1 cup corn oil
1 Tablespoon plum sauce
1 Tablespoon chili sauce with garlic
1. Marinate chicken tenders in bouillon, soy, vegetarian oyster sauce, and salt and pepper for half an hour, then drain and reserve the liquid.
2. Mix walnuts and sesame seeds, then add egg white and cornstarch, and mix well, and add about half the marinade to make a batter.
3. Heat oil, dip chicken pieces in the batter one by one, then deep fry only until light tan. Drain and put on a serving platter.
4. Mix plum and chili sauces with half tablespoon water or cool tea to make a dip.
5. Serve chicken with dip on the side.
*Note: Chicken tenders are the filet pieces of white meat directly under the breast; any white meat can be substituted for them, but will not be as tender.