Read 5244429 times
Connect me to:
Chef Cheng's Fish with Ginger
Fish and Seafood
|Chef Cheng's Fish with Ginger|
12 whole flounder or American plaice, each less than a pound
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup Shaoxing wine
1/2 cup sesame oil
4 teaspoons ground black or white pepper
8 ounces dry-cured ham cut in fine julienne
1 ounce fresh ginger, cut in fine julienne
8 scallions, each cut into two inch pieces
one teaspoon salt
1. Wash fish and dry, then score flesh one-quarter inch deep at one-inch intervals. Sprinkle each one with salt and pepper.
2. Mix soy sauce, wine, and oil in a bowl. Put fish in one layer into one or several ceramic dishes, and pour soy sauce mixture evenly over them.
3. Sprinkle ham, ginger, and about six of the scallions over every fish, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until half hour before use or until at room temperature.
4. Preheat steamer and put ceramic dish or dishes on its racks and cook for about twelve minutes or until thickest end of the fish is 140 degrees F.
5. Remove cooked scallion pieces, if preferred, and scatter uncooked ones over the fish, as garnish. Serve the fish and not its marinade.