Read 5249676 times
Connect me to:
Pearl Column Scallops
Fish and Seafood
|Pearl Column Scallops|
20 large scallops or ten ounces, coarsely chopped
1/2 pound shrimp, shells and veins removed, then minced
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon minced Yunnan or Smithfield ham
1. Steam scallops for one minute, drain and set aside.
2. Mix minced shrimp with egg whites, rice wine, salt, and cornstarch.
3. Heat a wok or fry pan and add the oil, then fry the shrimp mixture. Do not stir. When set turn it over and fry another minute then remove to a plate, leaving any remaining oil in the wok.
4. Beat yolks and fry them. Do not stir, and when set turn over for another minute and then slide this on top of the shrimp pancake. Sprinkle scallops on top.
5. Cut the egg mixture into eight pieces, sprinkle the sesame oil and the ham on top and serve.