Read 5241065 times
Connect me to:
Stone Cooked Fish Flllet
Fish and Seafood
|Stone Cooked Fish Flllet|
1 and 1/2 pounds fillet of carp or catfish
1/4 cup hot bean paste
2 Tablespoons Chinese or Korean chili powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
3 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup corn oil
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and thin sliced
4 scallions, smashed with side of the cleaver, then cut in three-inch pieces
1/4 pound celery, cut in three-inch lengths
1/4 pound leeks, cut in three-inch lengths
1/4 pound red bell pepper, cut in three-inch lengths
1/8 teaspoon salt and ground white pepper, mixed
3/4 cup corn oil
1 cup Chinese parsley, cut into three-inch long pieces with stems, for garnish
1. Marinate the fish in mixture of hot bean paste, chili powder, sugar, rice wine, soy sauce, and the cornstarch for fifteen minutes.
2. Place one large or several smaller stones in the oven at 450 degrees F for thirty minutes.
3. Preheat the pan then add two tablespoons of the oil and add ginger and the vegetables, and the salt and pepper. Remove them to a heat-proof bowl.
4. Place heated rocks in the ceramic bowl on top of cooked vegetables; then add marinated fish fillets on the stones.
5. Preheat the remaining oil and pour it over the fish. Stir a little, then put cilantro on top and serve immediately, placing the dish on a hot tile.
Note: If stones are not available, add the marinated fish fillets on top of the cooked vegetables. Pour the hot oil over them and then put the heat-proof bowl in pre-heated 375 degree F oven for five to seven minutes.