Read 5260202 times
Connect me to:
Rice Noodles with Chicken and Jellyfish
|Rice Noodles with Chicken and Jellyfish|
1 whole skinless and boneless chicken breast
2 dried jellyfish, rinse well
2 fresh rice noodle sheets
2 stalks celery
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
1. Simmer chicken breast for eighteen minutes, cool enough to handle, then hand shred into very thin pieces, about two inches long.
2. After immersing jellyfish in hot water, cool immediately in ice water, and roll and cut into the thinnest of slivers, as in previous instructions.
3. Shred rice noodles and cut into four-inch lengths.
4. Cut carrot into two-inch long slivers, then blanched for thirty seconds and cut into an ice water bath.
5. String celery, cut into two inch slivers, and blanched for fifteen seconds then put into an ice water bath.
6. Drain carrots and celery, mix with chicken breast and jellyfish pieces, and then toss with one quarter of the rice noodles. Mix these with salt, sesame oil, this soy sauce and sesame seeds, and toss well.
7. Spread the remaining rice noodles on a serving platter and top with the chicken, jellyfish, and vegetable mixture, and serve.