Read 6282807 times
Connect me to:
2 pounds pork loin with ribs, if possible
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup water
1. Clean and remove hair on surface of skin, if necessary. Then with a paring knife, prick the surface of the meat, about one-quarter to one-half inch deep.
2. In a small bowl, mix together five spice powder, sugar and salt and rub this mixture on to the meat’s surface. Let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour and up to one day.
3. Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. Roast pork with meat side down and skin side submerged in a quarter of an inch of water for half an hour.
4. In a small bowl, combine honey with water. Then carefully turn skin side up and brush with honey mixture, then roast the pork for an hour or hour and a half more. The skin surface should be golden brown and crispy and the internal temperature 165 degrees F.
5. Let the meat sit for about five minutes before slicing it into half inch pieces.