Read 5256912 times
Connect me to:
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
1 pound Chinese yams, peeled and cut in two-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons cooked or canned chick peas, mashed
2 Tablespoons cooked or canned peas
1 Tablespoon minced red pepper
1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 Tablespoons sesame seed or sweet potato flour
1 egg white
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1. Boil five cups of water, add yam cubes, reduce the heat, and simmer for twenty minutes or until soft. Drain, mash, and allow to cool.
2. Mix chick peas, green peas, red pepper pieces, sesame seeds, salt, sugar, and the white pepper with the mashed yams.
3. Mix flour with two tablespoons warm water, adding more if needed, to make a simple batter. Add egg white and mix well.
4. Take two tablespoons of the yam mixture and roll it cigar-shaped. Dip it into the batter, and roll it into the sesame seeds. Repeat until all rolls are made.
5. Heat oil, and deep fry the rolls until they are light tan. Then drain them on paper towels. Serve.