Read 6252904 times
Connect me to:
Wasabi-flavored Sea Cucumber
|Wasabi-flavored Sea Cucumber|
1 pre-soaked medium sea cucumber
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon fermented wine lees
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons of water
1/2 pound wasabi or mustard greens
1 scallion, minced
1. Simmer sea cucumber in six cups of water for one hour. Remove from heat and cool in the water for one hour. Remove sea cucumber, check that insides are clean, and cut into one-inch pieces.
2. Heat chicken broth, rice wine, wine lees, soy sauce, wasabi paste, salt, and sugar and simmer for five minutes.
3. Add cornstarch mixture, and set aside.
4. Steam wasabi greens or the mustard greens just until tender. Drain and set out on a serving platter.
5. Bring chicken broth mixture to the boil, add sea cucumber pieces and stir until thick, and pour over the greens. Sprinkle scallion pieces on top. Serve.