Read 5249415 times
Connect me to:
Buddha's Delight II
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Buddha's Delight II|
2 Tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
8 thin slices fresh ginger, shredded
1 scallion, chopped
8 medum sized black mushrooms
1/4 cup cloud ear mushroooms
20 golden needles (tiger lily flowers)
1 cup, sliced half inch thick, winter bamboo shoots
2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally into half-inch pieces
1 cup baby carrots, peeled
1/2 pound Napa cabbage, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 ounces cellophane noodles
3 Tablepoons thin soy sauce
1 and 1/2 teaspoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1. Rinse mushrooms and soak in warn water until soft, about half an hour. Drain the mushrooms and save the mushroom water, then shred or slice them.
2. Soak cloud ears in hot water for fiteen to thirty minutes, then discard the water and rinse them thoroughly.
3. Soak cellophane noodles in hot water until soft, then cut them into three inch lengths.
4. Soak golden needles in cold water for fiteen to thirty minutes. Cut away any hard ends, cut them in half, and discard the water.
5. Mix soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper with a cup of the mushroom water and set aside.
6. Heat oil in a wok and brown the ginger and scallions for thirty seconds. Add the mushrooms and stir until fragrant, then add the celery, carrots, bamboo shoots, and the cabbage and stir cooking this for two minutes.
7. Add the cloud ear fungi and the golden needles, stir well and then add the mushroom water and cook for five minutes. Add more water, if necessary.
8. Add the noodles and mix well, then add the sesame oil and serve.