Read 5260542 times
Connect me to:
Mung Bean Congee
Soups and Congees
|Mung Bean Congee|
bones from spare ribs in the Spare Rib Soup
several beef bones
1 chicken carcass
1 ounce mung bean noodles, soaked until soft, then cut into one-inch pieces
1 cup cooked glutinous rice
2 slices fresh ginger
3 Tablespoons fermented rice
3 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
3 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups shredded Napa or another cabbage
2 scallions, shredded
1. Boil the bones in three quarts of water in a large pot
for one hour, then remove them with a slotted spoon.
2. Strain the liquid and cut meat into half-inch pieces;
discard the bones, and return both to the pot.
3. Add mung bean pieces and the glutinous rice and
the fermented rice. Stir in the ginger and simmer this
for another hour.
3. Then add the rice wine and the bouillon cubes and
simmer for an additional half an hour.
4. Next add the cabbage and simmer five minutes,
then sprinkle with the scallion pieces and serve in
pre-heated individual soup bowls.